Friday, 18 November 2011

Mahindra And Telephonic plan joint venture for radars, surveillance systems

Indian transport vehicles major Mahindra & Mahindra on Thursday announced a joint venture (JV) with US aviation communications equipment major Telephonics Corporation to produce radars, surveillance systems, and communications solutions for the Indian defence ministry and civilian sector.

The JV was announced at a press conference here by Mahindra Defence Systems chief executive Brig. (retd.) Khutub Hai and Telephonics Corporation CEO and president Joseph Battaglia.

Khutub Hai said the US firm will bring in 26 per cent investment for the JV, while his company will bring the rest 74 per cent.

Apart from the radars, surveillance systems and friend-or-foe identification systems, the joint venture will manufacture air traffic management services, and equipment for homeland security and other emerging surveillance requirements.

No comments :

Post a comment